Thursday, January 11, 2007

silk flower arrangements

Flowers and Medicine and Stuff















I got my fill of crazies today. Actually the three hundred pound orange haired screaming cussing drug seeking former prostitute pretty much ruined my day. All my other patients were great, but they kind of pale in comparison with her.

Anyway, it is nice to imagine escaping to the basement and my flowers. I have six storage bins of silk flowers waiting for me. I have baskets hanging from the ceiling, vases on the shelves, foam, wires, leaves, all I need to make as many arrangements as I could ever want. Great feeling of comfort and escape. Wonder if there's any demand out there for flower arranging creative writing teaching family practitioner psychiatrists.




The other thing I imagine is working on the novel I'm thinking of in my head. There is an old lady in it with a huge flower garden; maybe she'll do some flower arranging as well. By the time I get home from medicine, part time though it is, my head is so scattered it is all I can do to get myself to bed (or write on the blog). I tell myself that some day I will get to the writing. Some day I may believe that writing matters. Some day, "some day" may actually come.

In the meantime, I have those flowers in the basement....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home