Saturday, June 02, 2007

Planting the Dahlias

Just returned from Vermont today with J where we dug 240 holes, planted 200 dahlias, pulled up a ton of catnip and other far worse weeds, and got hot, sweaty, and tired several days in a row. J says he LOVES gardening. Getting paid for digging holes in the dirt is heaven for six year old boys. His idea of taking a break from digging holes was playing tennis, which we also did several days in a row. Mommy appears to be getting in shape despite herself.

We stopped by an amusement park for the second time in a week on the way back home yesterday. J won no less than 8 stuffed animals which he added to the six he won the other day. He had lots of company in the car today for the remainder of our trip. That, and listening to 8 straight hours of Harry Potter on CD kept him amazingly contented.

I've been asked to tell 7 random things about myself.
1. I love reading Harry Potter
2. I've had 18 surgeries to reconstruct my nose.
3. I like to write my chart notes with thin pens that have very dark ink.
4. I love flowers, especially when they are in my garden blooming all at once (like all my peonies going crazy right now), but any other context is pretty great, too.
5. I hate being fat.
6. I am often incredibly insecure.
7. I feel obligated to practice medicine in order to please patients, make money for my family, and to fulfill my dead mother's wishes, but it is writing that I would really like to do. I feel awfully guilty about admitting it, and too insecure to actually do it.

There, my random self.

Now to bed so that tomorrow I can forge on, meeting the needs of son and husband, and feeling guilty about most everything else.

1 Comments:

Blogger normanack said...

I've read that the first step to solving a problem is identifying it. Your #7 is clearly that.

I'm not sure what the second step is!

June 03, 2007 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home